The past is the key to the future.
Hines Paleoceanography and Climate Lab
We study changes in the ocean and how they interact with Earth's climate system. Some of these events are abrupt and others occur over many thousands of years. By unraveling the drivers of past climate change we can build better tools to understand what will happen in the future.
- The Summer Student Fellowship allows rising seniors to complete research projects with mentorship from WHOI sponsors.
- The Woods Hole Partnership Education Program involves a 4-week course and 10-week research project. It is designed for historically underrepresented groups in ocean science.
- The MIT/WHOI Joint Program in Oceanography is the PhD program here at WHOI in tandem with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston.
- There is currently funding for a new student to work on understanding neodymium sources and cycling in the North Atlantic. Check out our Projects page for more information.
- WHOI's Postdoctoral Scholar Program is an 18-month award for recent PhD graduates. Postdoc Scholars conduct independent research in collaboration with WHOI scientists and/or senior technical staff.